Monday, June 15, 2009

My Comments on Dr. Strange'sFrom the 3Rs to the 6Cs

The more that I hear about "The Clouds", "ClassSpace" and the sort the more I start to think about movies such as "I Robot", and "Terminator". Are these movies science fiction or prophecy of things to come? How much do we want to enslave ourselves to these machines? Are we raising a generation of people that can't function without technology? I have many more questions like these when I read articles and thoughts like Dr. Strange's "From the 3Rs to the 6Cs. Don't get me wrong I see the upside as well to all the points he makes. How great it is to be able access any type of information you want at anytime. How wonderful it is to connect classrooms around the world to enhance education. As far as collaboration goes, I can see the upside in training our young pupils to work as a team, yet they still need to understand that they need to strive for personal excellence, not just for the excellence of the collective. I understand the strength of unity but they need to understand that like a length of line depends on the strength of each fiber so does the whole of a group depend on the strength of each individual. The other 3Cs go together; Change, Creativity, and Curiosity. In encouraging curiosity of the students it is hoped that they will be creative with the education they have acquired and will bring about positive change to our country as well as the the whole world.

No comments:

Post a Comment